We can see many advancements in technology making their way into all facets of our lives. All of us are now looking for assistance from reliable custom software developers in San Antonio and in other places as well. This is because there has been an increase in the demand for highly complicated as well as sophisticated software solutions. Some of the statistics that prove the same are as follows:
- The spending of small businesses on technology has seen an increase of 50% in the year 2015 (Microsoft)
- Around 66% of small business owners are relying on mobile devices in order to manage their business operations (Constant Contact).
- About 92% of small businesses use more than one cloud-based solution (SMB Group).
Now, although these are statistics just related to small businesses many of such surveys have proved that businesses all over, of all kinds of different sizes, have now been using software solutions to increase their chances of success and for the betterment of their overall operations.
As a custom software development company in San Antonio, we have been exposed to diverse unique demands from various types of businesses. This has given us an opportunity to see how much business is benefiting from custom software development.
However, in order to develop a great software solution for any business, there is a systematic approach that needs to be followed by the developers. This systematic approach consists of some essential steps that are to be taken very carefully by the developers of the solution. When you have a well-organized process in place, the process of professional software development becomes capable of revolutionizing and innovating alternatives that can meet much more than the objectives given by the customers.
One of the best ways to look at this process is by looking at the different course stages of developing a software solution with the help of a software development life-cycle or SDLC.
Following are the essential steps in the process of software development:
- Analysis of requirements and planning of resources: a project manager is always expected to conduct an analysis of the requirements pertaining to the entire project. However, they will always need assistance from the software engineering specialist that can help them to come up with a detailed software development plan for the given project. This includes making decisions and analyses related to whether or not the software development project is getting aligned with the respective goals and objectives of your business organization. This is precisely what requirement analysis is all about. Remember, the most important objective of any software solution is ensuring that all the tasks somehow become easier. Once the analysis part is over, the project manager is expected to start with the allocation of specific resources required for the software development process. This would include analyzing what are the specific types of resources needed for completing this project. This may include planning the number of software engineers, technologies, designers, tools as well as project managers would you need to complete the project. Finally, you’ll have to decide on the budget for the project.
- Designing and prototyping: once the first step is complete the creation of the software architecture so the given product can start. The required design or architecture will be contributing to defining the complete workflow of the given software. In this step, importance is given to the overall functioning as well as the UI and UX of the system or software solution. The role of a project manager becomes to explain to the software designers exactly what is to be achieved out of the program. This could include defining how the users will be interacting with the software solution or application. Here, it will be the designers’ responsibility to design simpler wireframes that would show the given interactions and eventually help with lucrative tools. This stage can include analyzing specific drawbacks or the absence of any kind of features in the software. Quick adjustments can be made in this phase.
- Development of the software solution: during the SDLC, development begins when one is absolutely sure of the existing requirements along with its features and designs. From here, the development team can start working on the development of the program by contributing the necessary code for it. This part of the entire process can be carried out in many different ways. The selection of a particular way will depend on the specific software requirements. This stage of development is said to be the riskiest as well as most complicated. However taking help from a reliable custom software development company or wherever you want, can hugely help. Eventually, it is highly crucial to come up with a software solution that is clean as well as efficient.
- Testing the solution: this step of the process seems to be a continuous one for the development of any software solution. The testing usually gets executed along with the development process. Basically, in this step, the overall usability, stability as well as functionality of the software product is checked under the process of rapid software development. Some of the most reputed software development companies can greatly help you by lending their quality assistant experts or testers who can deliver reliable web development services as per your requirements. This team would be responsible for testing each and every piece of code that has been developed by the software development team in the previous step. This process can be done manually as well as with the use of automation tools that can determine and detect any errors or flaws in the code. At the end of this process, the bugs or errors that are detected get fixed by adding or changing the code. In this step it gets ensured that the final product is smoothly running on the given devices.
- The deployment of the software solution: once you are done with the coding and testing processes the next stage is the deployment of the software product on all important devices as well as servers. This process is only executed once the approval of the product has been given keeping in mind the stability as well as the functionality of the product. In most cases, the software solution is deployed to a small group of users that use the product and deliver their feedback. This feedback is then analyzed and modifications to the products are made accordingly. After this Alpha release, there is a Beta release including more users having access to the software solution.
- Maintenance as well as updates: the development of any software solution can be considered a proper cycle. Even when the product has been launched the process of software development does not end. Developers and project managers are expected to maintain a track of in-depth software maintenance. Also, they are expected to upgrade the same from time to time. This step includes ensuring the monitoring of the software solution consistently and suggesting changes as per the changing requirements. This particular stage is based on Technology advancements that keep taking place in the world long after the software solution has been launched.
It is imperative to follow these essential steps while building software solutions. Any development company knows the importance of smoothly carrying out these processes in order to make a successful software solution.